Thursday, February 10, 2005

I Am a Getter-of-Go

A “Go-Getter” if you will. And, if I know you, you will.
I’m happy to keep up the fever pitch of the freelance jobber but I need some Tim time. (It’s my most favorite time.)
The clients just seem to want stuff faster and faster, and there will eventually be some sort of temporal folding in which I sit down to a first meeting with a client and they ask why-come I don’t have their job done yet. Frustrating, but that’s the look of the landscape.
Friday I’m going out…but in an official capacity. There’s this Mardi Gras charity Red Cross thing. I’ve been asked to donate a picture from the rockford: Small City Series, so I did. In the previous passage I ranted about the nervousness. I’m sure I will have the same nervousness, but there is a catch. There is less of my work there; it’s for charity, and people will be drunken fools there. Those would rank in the “pro” coloumn. Here’s the one big con: in order to attend the thing, I have to be a volunteer or pay a lot of money. I got no problem with the money paying in the principal; it’s the practical that makes it difficult. That’s just a florid way of saying, “I’m broke like a joke.” So, yeah. I’m a volunteer, not a paying, bona-fide, ticketed guest. The nature of what I’ll be volunteering with is vague at best, but one thing I’m reasonably certain on is they won’t volunteer me up to liberate them of the horrible burden of excess alcohol. Good thing I’m a ham too. I have to get up and talk a little before the live auction. Did I mention the very probably “no alcohol” scenario? I thought so. One thing I will do plenty of: pimp the site, timstotz.com, and the art show the following week, and of course, me—the humble freelancer who will push pixels for them as can pay.
So, I think maybe-haps I’m going out Saturday. I should re-coup, save money, be a responsible citizen, and floss, and…stuff, but I want real-deal release. Socialize with folk who aren’t the landed-gentry, talk to pretty women who I’m not shooting pictures of, and listen to some music. Anyone else up for Stendek at Kryptonite?

Comments:
So, when exactly do you sleep? Have fun pimping away. It's a great idea for publicity, btw.

About Saturday...Alas, but I'm a bit too far away. Sorry. Sounds like fun though.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?