Wednesday, April 27, 2005

My boring blog

So here’s a ‘one hand clapping’ sort of question for you. It’s hypothetical so I don’t expect you to answer, and there will not be a quiz.
Have you ever…wait this isn’t the question, the preface to the question…Have you ever noticed that a loooooot of blogs out there have mostly entries that start with something about how boring everything is, specifically the poster his or her self? Usually with a strangely accurate, and self aware assessment of how boring their lives are in particular. But this is compounded with the fact that everything else is boring. It’s a boring fest, or extravaganza. To wit: “So I went to the store to get coffee because there was nothing else to do, and it was really boring like my life. I thought I’d call Becca, but I couldn’t get a hold of her because I think she thinks I’m boring. My cat is really boring, and if I had a dog they’d fight, but it would be boring…a different kind of boring, but boring still. I saw a movie and listened to The Cure. The Cure is boring to me now because they haven’t come out with anything new in so long and their new stuff doesn’t count because it’s boring. I’m taking a nap…” You see? Why is this stuff on the ‘net? Well, I submit to you dear reader, that these bored-o-nauuhts have time by the buckets.
Unlike I have had for the last few months. I’ve been working my ass off. Not just on wage-related stuff, I’m (gasp) working out a lot, and writing a lot, and developing graphics and video stuff, and looking into making the trendy, perhaps pre mature, plunge into HD (not just buying a big ass TV, but a camera and editing solutions for it). So I haven’t had time to post my little slices of life on the blog. Which makes it kind of boring.
So the question, finally: Which is more boring, people talking about their boredom, or me talking about nothing?
Is something better than nothing?
I guess they’re both better than those whiners who talk about getting dumped. Or sports. When did all these illiterates get on the Internet and post fantasy football blogs?

Comments:
Hiya! You missed your calling -- you should be writing epidoes os Seinfeld! :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?