Monday, May 23, 2005

I’m the #1 Tim Stotz

Way back when, I did some ego surfing and found out that I was nowhere near the number 1 spot on the Google search. I’m not going to bore you with the details, but there were a lot of other Tim Stotzes out there. And they, dear readers, were better than me according to Google. Sniff.
But in your face, other Tims!
I am now the Numero-MOFO-uno Tim Stotz. (Not necessarily in quality, but certainly in popularity. Shallow? Yeah. But it counts.)
I’m also the number one on Yahoo!
And the next entries in the list are articles about—you guessed it: ME, baby.
The next ones down are about those other artists and sports people I complained about in the first blog entry about this, but they’re not number one.
But…let us talk of my humble beginnings.
Remember that I wasn’t excluded from the list entirely. Though my brand new web site was not a blip on the pop culture radar, I still was.
There was a film fest page that I was on. And a page from WRCR stalking me. But, alas, those entries are not there anymore…at least they aren’t in first few pages, and that’s all the further down I could be bothered with to look at because I’m number one baby.

Comments:
Hi, Tim,

Ross Hunter here, webmaster for the WRCR "stalker" page. "And a page from WRCR stalking me."

Google just sent me the link to your blog entry for May 23. We're not stalking you...just trying to contact all the WRCR alumni to be sure you know about the reunion this fall and to try and record the history of the radio station. An old staff list I found shows you as Music Director in 1992-93. I've heard from John Bergstrom and Sebastian Bravo.

If you like, you can contact me privately through the link on the WRCR site.

Ross
 
Hey, Ross, you know I was kidding about that stalker thing. It was surreal to see my name pop up in a place I didn't expect it though.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?