Thursday, August 25, 2005

And now for the inevitable sense of dread

Ok, so there have been victories. I embedded the RSS feed necessary to make the VODcast so you tweaked little donkeys can subscribe to it right into the .html page.
I’ve had good luck exploring compression and determining format.
And I’ve been researching a lot out there, and getting good info.

The one thing that floored me is this: I was listening to a Podcast interview with the rocketboom creator and he said that at the peak their hosting plan skyrocketed to $5,000 bucks per month.
OUCH!

Here’s why this might still be ok: I don’t put out a show everyday, and although I hope that many people will watch the progrum, I know it will take a while to get to that level of popularity, or I may never reach it. Who knows?

I guess in addition to what the progrum will be about, and how to implement it, I need to start looking at making a buck or two.

The word of the day is: “sustainability.”

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?