Saturday, August 06, 2005

Hey, I just talked to frickin’ Lorne! [Update]

Disclaimer: If you’re not into Joss Whedon stuff, you don’t care about this.

So, my friend Matt calls me up, and says, hey TV’s Tim Stotz, hold on a sec…stay on the line.
So I do.
Then this guy says, “Hey, where are you?”
I admit Rockford.
He, asks why I’m not there, but I recognize his voice by then, and it’s none other than Lorne.

Well, that is to say, actually Andy Hallet.

But, Andy plays Lorne, see:

So, he asks why I’m not there and I say, “Where, Pylea?” which is where his demony character is from in the show Angel. He laughs, and I tell him I dig his work, and tell him to drink a sea breeze for me.
Yeah, remember the disclaimer at the top of this entry? If you didn’t follow it, you don‘t care about this, but if you’re a fan of this stuff, you can imagine how jazzed and surreal this was.
Don’t let appearances fool you by the way; Lorne’s a good demon. I’m not courtin’ Satan or nothing. He's this lounge singing, drinking, partying, bawdy guy who rocks, and is nothing but class.
The kind of uncool thing is I was working and had my head phones on, and missed Matt’s earlier call…he was going to do the hand the phone off thing to me again, but this time It was to talk to Harmony…who is evil.

But, she’s kind of inept, and most of the time looks like this (she only goes into vampface on special occasions).

And truth be told, she’s really Mercedes McNab, and quite nice from what Matt says, not a blood sucking evil vampire at all. It’s probably good I missed the call, because I just would have awkwardly hit on her or something most likely.
BTW: Matt volunteered at Wizard World in Chicago, where Andy and Mercedes were signing autographs, I should probably mention. He wasn’t stalking these poor people. Hell, they should be so lucky. I’m sure at the next Hollywood type party, they’ll be all, “Hey did you invite that Matt guy?”
“Shit. Don’t tell me…I thought you did.”
“Nope. Oh well, pass the hoarse tranquilizers.”

Another disclaimer: this next bit may border on TMI.

Matt’s call when he was with Mercedes came relatively early in the morning.
As a single guy, who just woke up, and is often sexually frustrated, and lives by himself, it would not have been out of the question for me to have had my special “tim time.” You know what I mean.
If I would have answered the phone during that sacred time, and Mercedes McNabb was on the other end, that would have blown my mind.
“Hey, uh, Mercedes. Wow. What a coincidence. I was juuuuuuuuust thinking about you.”

Comments:
That's too cool!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?