Monday, September 26, 2005

If you blink…

A while back, Pablo and Shawndra invited me to be a part of a commercial they did with Graham Spencer for the Rockford airport. I think the spots turned out top notch, but that’s our PK. He don’t hoarse around…well he does hoarse around immensely, but not when it comes to matters of videuh makin’.
The concept of the commercials is pretty straightforward: folks with stickers of destinations that the newly revitalized airport flies to walk around. You really don’t see anybody’s face, so you probably couldn’t spot me.
Here are two stills with me pointed out.
The first one is of an all too common sight: Me getting ignored by an attractive woman. (Just kidding, I’m a total pimp; we know this. I just though I’d feign self-deprecation so as not to seem so arrogant). In truth there was a group of women, and I was “with them.” The big suitcase is just blocking the others. The scene: I was getting us tickets, and they were having a conversation. So, I talked to the ticket counter guy, and they talked about how one had seen that experiments such as blackbody radiation, the photoelectric effect, and Compton scattering can be explained using the photon picture of light, but not with the wave picture.
Then the other one got all testy and pointed out it is important to realize that experiments such as diffraction and interference all need the wave picture, as a photon (particle) picture fails in these cases. They started calling each other “bee-ahtch” then the third ingénue stepped in and held them apart, while she proffered that both pictures are needed in different circumstances; one says that light exhibits a wave-particle duality: Light has a dual nature; in some cases it behaves as a wave, and in other cases it behaves as a photon.
This wave-particle duality is the basis of the quantum theory of light, and has some profound physical and philosophical implications which are still being debated today, or maybe they were just talking about shopping and totally cute boys who were totally cute!


Next is what they call in the biz, the money shot. Me, equipped with bling, walking by, getting ready to get my pimp ass to Vegas, baby, Vegas. Oh, wait. Los Angeles? I don’t want to go there. Everyone knows the real movies are all getting made in Canada these days.

Quick FYI. That is Kryptonite’s own Chris. He’s taking advantage of the free wifi access to download the finest of Donkey Pron like a 1337 haxor.



Oh, and another thing: VODcast. Ep#1. Next Thursday. Be there.

Oh, and my profile is sporting 999 views. Way to go you cyber stalkers! Keep it up. I like the attention, coming from a broken home and all as I do.

Comments:
Hmmmm quite interesting, a blury picture of you in an ad! Wow is that your actual hand? Holy smokes!

Hmmmmm you just pointed out another reason why I want to move to the land of beavers! OH CANADA! LOL!

Lookin forward to the vodcast! I guess I will continue to stalk you some more due to the broken home thing. Sheesh you made me weepy eyed!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?