Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Hello, I’m Irony. Have We Met?

“You just winged him and made him a Unitarian.” — one of the Flanders kids in the Simpsons.

Sup fools? If you’ve read even wee little pieces of the Blog, you know I’m not religious. And I’m not one of those waffley types who says “I’m not religious, I’m spiritual.” (To which I say, “I’m not honest, you’re interesting”—I kid!) Nope I’m an atheist. Well, if anything I’m a Pastafarian.
So, given this, here’s the new information:
I also don’t believe in the Christian Mythology’s vision of the end time. You know, the cute little thing about the four horsemen? And there are signs that precede them as the end time nears. Violent, explicit imagery that should not be read by children. I bet it’s only a matter of time before the religious right kindly bans the book because of all the sex and violence and incest and…oh wait. They LIKE that book? Oh. I don’t get it. But I digress.
Even though I don’t believe in this, I’m certain that my displaying of artwork in a church is a sign of the aforementioned end time. It’s gotta be. Yep it’s going to result in hot pokers and, well, poking.
But wait, it’s not like all that. I’m just being silly (it’s my milieu).
The Church I’ll be in is the Unitarian Church. I don’t claim to know everything about them, but they even welcome non-god fearing folk like me. For the record I fear little except what’s in hot dogs…and I eat the mess outa them. I’m that bad-ass.
And I think the Unitarians try to leave out the judgment, paranoia, hate, and pure ironic evil that accompanies a lot of other churches (please no flame war. I got my belief, you got yours, and a trifle of a comedy Blog ain’t the place to try to change each other’s opinions.)
I don’t know much else, other than at the end of this month or so, I should have stuff up. Giant lady stuff to be more specific. I’ll keep all y’all in the loop.
Hey, I made it through a whole Blog without mentioning The Progrum. Oh, horse feathers, drat and Tommy Rot! Almost, though, huh?

Comments:
Oooooo, I missed this. Which UU church? Got a website link?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?