Monday, January 02, 2006

From Hell's heart, my car stabs at thee!

Like a phoenix my car rises from the ashes. Well, they found it anyway: only a few buildings up. And it’s relatively in tact. And they didn’t take the pictures, not anything out of the trunk.

Observable damage:

One flat tire
One broken rear window (the little one)
Defrost grill kinda jacked up
And one busted steering column where they hotwired it—thus making it so I can’t start the car.


The one bad thing is this: My cay may be utterly destroyed. I have no idea what condition the engine is in. But I have a feeling that in the short drive 4 buildings down that mischief did not ensue.

Thank you all for you concern in the last blog. It was very cool of you. I felt like George Bailey from “Wonderful Life” where everybody was throwing money at him at the end. Uh, except instead of money, you all threw blog comments. Which still counts.

You know what I think saved it? My heater (and by extension my defrost) does not work. I know clever ways of getting around this / dealing with it. Every car owner has a way of coping with that kind of thing that their 2500 lb pound hunk of deadly metal serves up. My car’s frosting up as their panicked breathing turned the windshield into an opaque mass of ice is probably what made them abandon it. Think of it like a squid throwing out ink, or a sea cucumber barfing up its stomach, turning itself inside out for protection. I guess if gross sea creature analogies don’t cut it for you, think of the die packet that explodes on clothes that are shoplifted. Or any other manner of self-preservation tactics that rend a thing ostensibly undesirable.

Another reason why I can get my car to work, and the thieves couldn’t. To quote Serenity:

Mal: Love. You can learn all the math in the ‘verse, but you take a boat in the air you don’t love, she’ll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she’s hurting ‘fore she keens.

Ok, but that having been said, I really hate my fucking car.

Trivia anyone? Another way my car resembles Serenity. A hunk of the ship falls off right after he gives that speech. Odds are good, something will fall off of my car.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?